Easy Brownie Ice Cream Cake
April 2, 2016
Hello from San Diego! We are here with the family for some vacation fun in the sun. Last night Lucas (Nats husband) and Mom made the most delicious and fresh caprese salad and homemade meatballs for dinner. It was seriously delicious. Nat and I thought a bit of dessert was necessary but we hadn’t planned for it. Luckily we had the following ingredients in the house.
1 box Duncan Hines fudge brownie
4 ice cream sandwiches
1. Make the brownies as directed. We used a 9×9″ pan.
2. Once the brownies cool completely cut them to the exact size of the ice cream sandwiches with a sharp knife. I did this by placing the still wrapped ice cream sandwiches on top of the brownie and cutting around them.
3. Place the brownies on the plates you’re serving the ice cream cake on.
4. Spread a layer of Nutella on the brownie.
5. Dip the sides of the ice cream sandwiches in sprinkles and place on the Nutella.
6. Use a dab of Nutella to attached a few Oreos to each piece.
Alternately you could make it as a full ice cream cake instead of individual servings.
If you make your own version of our little dessert don’t forget to post and hashtag #teampartyparade!